TD Payoll (a Tax Doctor company) is seeking a full-time Payroll Processor for our Des Moines, Iowa location.
Tax Doctor, Inc. is a successful, locally-owned accounting, payroll, and tax preparation processing company. We help local businesses be more organized and financially profitable. We have a history of steady growth and are in position to continue that success into the future. We are looking for an exceptional person to grow with us.
We help small businesses be better organized and more profitable. We are a close-knit team and are committed to developing and retaining our staff for the long-term. This is a special opportunity to join a growing professional firm!
Are you HARDWORKING and have a UNIQUE APTITUDE FOR FIGURES?
Are you looking for a PART TIME to FULL-TIME position with a STABLE EMPLOYER?
Are you an exceptional PROBLEM-SOLVER?
Do you have BASIC KNOWLEDGE of PAYROLL and/or BOOKKEEPING?
Are you an ENERGETIC and HELPFUL person?
Responsibilities & duties include
Responsibilities include entering employee information into the payroll system, detecting and reconciling payroll discrepancies, computing wages and deductions, posting information onto designated records, and communicating with management, staff, and clients. You must be able to process 61 and growing:
- Payrolls (weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly).
- Payroll tax deposits.
- Quarterly payroll tax returns.
- Year end payroll tax reports and returns.
- Handle client relationships.
- HIT ALL DEADLINES, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Pass the Fundamentals of Payroll Processor exam within 6 months.
- Pass the Certified Payroll Processor exam within 2 years.
Qualifications & skills
As part of the Tax Doctor team, your aptitude for figures and problem-solving skills will help us deliver outstanding service to our small business clients. Your excellent work habits, reliability, and energy level will help keep our client services flowing smoothly throughout the year. We interact with our clients on a frequent basis and professionalism and helpful attitude will make a wonderful addition to our team.
- 40 hours a week. Monday through Friday. Office hours are 8am to 4:30pm.
- Must have knowledge of payroll processing and verifiable experience of processing payrolls for other businesses.
- Will be required to obtain the FPP (Fundamentals of Payroll Processing) within 6 months and the CPP (Certified Payroll Processor) within 2 years.
- Minimum 1 year of general office/clerical experience.
- Unique aptitude for figures and problem solving.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and customer service skills required.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Outstanding work history (No job hoppers!).
- Organized and dependable self starter that can manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
Tax Doctor, Inc. will reward your talents with an attractive compensation of $17-24 per hour. We offer a SIMPLE retirement plan, a portion of health insurance paid, group term life, long and short term disability, vacation and sick plan, paid holidays.
*Also, please include a short video (1-2 minutes) from you on: Why we should hire you and why you think you would be a good fit. Use your phone or webcam and attach with resume.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS!
For more information about our company, please visit our web site at http://origtaxdoctor.com/. We are an equal opportunity employer.